How to Clean an iPhone
iPhones are one of the most expensive mobile phones in the market today. Buying an iPhone can be considered a small investment. Because of the handset’s relatively expensive nature, taking care of the mobile phone should also be given top priority.
iPhone mobiles may frequently expose to any locations that can gather dust. During the day it is common for this handset to go in and out of your pocket, placed in your car or to your office desk. The continuous transit of the mobile will increase the chance of your handset to get dirty. And by that, leaning the proper way to clean your iPhone is an essential and vital part of mobile maintenance.
In order for your iPhone to function properly, keeping it clean and free from dust is a must. Apple warned iPhone users to refrain from using harmful cleansers that may affect their device. Having knowledge on how to clean your iPhone will allow you to correctly deal with the body of your mobile, its screen and also jacks or ports on it to make sure it continues to work in its optimal condition. If you’re not aware of what to do then there will be a possibility that your mobile will be attach to more dust not only the surface but also charger or headphone ports causing malfunction of the device. Here is the correct way in cleaning your iPhone:
- Make sure to unplug all cables that are attached to your iPhone. Your mobile should be detached from a computer or any device for safety.
- Never clean the handset if it is still turned on. To avoid short-circuiting your mobile phone, you must turn off the device and remove the battery before cleaning. Refer to your user manual for guidance.
- Gently wipe your iPhone with a damp, soft and clean piece of cloth. It is not advised to use towels for cleaning your mobile phone.
- Start with the iPhone’s display then proceed to the back panel. Take great care when wiping the jacks and ports. Be sure to keep them dry.
- Use a piece of dry cloth to remove water residues. Remember to keep your hands dry when inserting the battery back into the iPhone.
- Turn on your mobile phone to check if it is functioning properly.
Taking Care of your iPhone:
- Familiarize yourself with the user’s manual for proper iPhone care.
- Never expose your mobile phone to extreme temperature.
- Avoid using alcohol based products when cleaning your iPhone.
- Keep your mobile phone away from moisture.
- Avoid placing your iPhone near electronic devices. Static charges may interfere with your signals or worse damage your iPhone.
- Purchase a decent iPhone case to protect it from scratches or physical damage.
Taking care of your iPhone is not rocket science. Cleaning your mobile phone is pretty straight forward and all you need is a clean piece of cloth and common sense. Prevention is better than cure. Buying a screen protector for example can save your screen from damage and a cost effective solution that can keep your iPhone looking great for years to come.